Family Law Practice in Georgia
We understand and recognize the stress of the legal process and the search for a lawyer can cause when dealing with divorce issues in Georgia. We will guide you through the complex legal process. Our expertise as a practicing attorney includes marital property division; assessing whether spousal support or alimony will be awarded; and establishing child custody, visitation, and child support. There is too much information to cover via a web page but we will give you an overview for consideration. We regularly appear for clients living in Canton, Roswell, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Atlanta, Cumming, and throughout Georgia.
We specialize in legal services and offer advice for the following types of divorce cases:
– Contested divorce;
– Uncontested divorce [No Fault];
– Mediated divorce; and
– Legal separation.
Factors to Consider
If you are considering the pursuit of a case, here are a few important facts that you may not know concerning divorce issues in Georgia:
– You don’t need to be physically separated with your spouse prior to filing for a divorce.
– You may avoid court and litigation with collaborative divorce or mediation options. We encourage Alternative Dispute Resolution.
– Assets obtained before your marriage may be treated differently than those acquired during your marriage.
– Income is not the only factor that affects alimony, child support, and spousal support in the proceeding.
In addition, the following items should be properly addressed before proceeding:
– You have been informed of your legal rights;
– You have a good overall view of your financial position;
-Your emotional and psychological needs have been addressed; and
– Your children’s future needs have been considered and addressed.
During the process, your attorney will address numerous financial issues including:
– Property division and distribution;
– Equitable division of marital assets and debt;
– Division of high value business assets and current assessment of value; and
– Division of retirement accounts, 401K plans, pensions, stocks, bonds, and personal property.
There are many issues that will be particular to your case that might not be addressed herein. Please give us a call to discuss your case.
Mr. Maddox is located in Roswell, Georgia, and serves clients throughout the State.